dr Magdalena Żadkowska
Faculty of Social Sciences
Committee for Social Responsibility of the University of Gdańsk
Institute of Sociology
Dr. Magdalena Żadkowska, sociologist, researcher, academic lecturer, trainer Graduated in sociology atthe University of Gdańsk and in cultural studies from the Jagiellonian University. She holds a PhD in sociology from the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń. She works as an Assistant Professor at the University of Gdańsk.
She is involved in the implementation of equality solutions in academic institutions (Horizon Europe and Horizon 2020 projects: STARBIOS2, RESBIOS, ActOnGender, MindTheGEP, REWIRING), in the local environment (Gdańsk Migrant Integration Model, Gdańsk Equal Treatment Model), in the business environment (GFKM, Intel, l’Oreal et al. ) and research and academia (Trust across borders: State institutions, families and child welfare services in Poland and Norway, funded by EEA; OPUS 21 NCN MASCULINITY NAVIGATOR – unpacking the relationship between masculine roles, well-being, and gender equality (EQUAMAN) (2021/41/B/HS6/00617), Sonata Bis 8 NCN (Principle Investigator) Till death do us part…. Everyday life practices of 50-64 years old couples with at least 20 years’ of common life experience, UMO-2018/30/E/HS6/00159, HARMONY 6 NCN Toward Gender Harmony – Understanding the Relationship between Masculinity Threat and Gender Equality Across Cultures. Contract no UMO-2017/26/M/HS6/00360. Expert in gender relations and status quo for:
(1) Community of Practice (On the Way to Gender Equality – Community of Practice for Gender Equality in Central and Eastern Europe) of ActProject under grant agreement No 788 204 (introducing Mamorandumof Understanding for establishing Communities of PrACTice for advancing gender equality in RPOs and RFOs across Europefor at UG),
(2) Gender Academy European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 824585,
(3) National Researcher for European Comissin: Gender-Sensitive Parliaments – EU 28 assessment,
(4) National Researcher for European Comissin: COVID & Domestic Violence – EU 28 assessment,
(5) National Researcher for European Comissin: Gender Equality and Work-Life Balance Policies during and following the COVID-19 crisis.
Co-author of publications related to SDG: – Kosakowska, N., Żadkowska, M., Pawlicka P., (2020) Gender Equality = Common Cause. Gender equality activities as an element of effective diversity management and a source of positive structural changes in higher education institutions on the example of the University of Gdańsk, Miscellanea Anthropologica et Sociologica, 2020: 3 (21) – Women in science: diversity management and gender equality in the social responsibility of the University of Gdańsk: report 2020 Co-author of the Gender Equality Policy Implementation Plan at the University of Gdańsk. Equality actions for 2022-2023 https://ug.edu.pl/strona/120333/plan-wdrazania-polityki-rownosci-plci-w-uniwersytecie-gdanskim
Author of the report:
– Żadkowska, M. (2018), report Ukraińcy i Ukrainki na Pomorskim Rynku Pracy. Dropped anchors? Models of Ukrainian migration to Pomerania for the Voivodeship Labour Office.
Co-author of the report: – Korzeniewska, M., Bivand-Erdal, M., Kosakowska-Berezecka, N. Żadkowska, M. (2019), report ZAUFANIE PONAD GRANICAMI. A review of the research literature on social trust issues, migration and social welfare and child protection institutions.
Media Expert: Gazeta Wyborcza, Radio Gdańsk, Newsweek, TVN, WP.