The Annual Fora of the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region (EUSBSR) was held on September 28-29 in the Finnish city of Lappeenranta. The Forum was an opportunity to network, share experiences and present their findings and solutions on the Baltic Sea Strategy.
Topics covered at this year's Forum included:3>
- new plans and visions for the seas, oceans and waters,
- new challenges for social security,
- EUSBSR’s contribution to engaging cities and regions,
- innovations for digital and green transformation and sustainable development,
- energy transformation,
- implementation of new programs, such as Interreg Baltic Sea.
The University of Gdansk in Lappeenranta was represented by CZRUG Project Manager Jolanta Mrozek-Kwiatkowska, M.Sc. and Director of the Office of Cooperation and Development Monika Adamczuk, M.Sc.
The host city of this year’s Forum won the 2021 award for small cities for environmental achievements – the European Green Leaf 2021 awarded by the European Commission.